The road runs both ways

Seems Kansas farmers and ranchers are always doing something in their fields, grassland and on our public roads. No matter where you travel in our state you’ll probably wind up approaching farm tractors, trucks and other large ag equipment on the roads.

Tractors, combines and other equipment traveling on our public roadways are required to display slow-moving vehicle (SMV) reflective triangles, and most must also display hazard lights. The SMV markers signify the equipment is moving at less than 25 miles per hour.

Farmers should check to make sure their SMV markers are clean, bright and still reflective. Always check to make sure reflectors and hazard lights are not blocked by equipment that is being towed. After dark, motorized equipment must have properly working headlights.


To read more please log in or subscribe to the digital edition

Lincoln Sentinel-Republican

P.O. Box 67
Lincoln, KS 67455